Thursday, March 01, 2007

from my journal, from a little over 10 years ago, when i was in northern thailand - about to go to laos & vietnam - traveling with a couple of friends:

(it's a quite from a book called "what the buddha taught")

"real life is the present moment - not the memories of the past, which is dead & gone, nor the dreams of the future which is not yet born. one who lives in the present moment lives the real life, and he is happiest.

" all great work - artistic, poetic, intellectual or spiritual - is produced at those moments when its creators are lost conmpletely in their actions, when they forget themselves altogether, and are free from self-consciousness."

good book, i recommend it sometime - by walpola rahula

welcome to new visitors -u'll have noteced their was no passport control at the gate.

sit back, relax & enjoy your trip. ;-D

~

6 Comments:

Blogger lee said...

I wish it wasn't so difficult to live in the moment -I am one of those whose head is cluttered with past rubbish and who worries about things coming up ahead -the need to let go of everything is obvious, but not always easy to do that... just let it go....

March 01, 2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Divian said...

" all great work - artistic, poetic, intellectual or spiritual - is produced at those moments when its creators are lost conmpletely in their actions, when they forget themselves altogether, and are free from self-consciousness."

I love this!

I often find myself lost during creativity. When creating things, the thoughts of my children motivate me to move beyond bounds.

It is euphoric actually.

March 01, 2007 4:49 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

seems like a great book indeedz.

** not the memories of the past, which is dead & gone

true but sometimes it's very hard to let go of the past. While ur memory is still fresh, the past sometimes haunts u and becomes the present. dun u think so mate?


Keshi.

March 01, 2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger Drizel said...

Thank goodness no passport control I always look so guilty.

Today is all we have, yesterday is a memory and tommorow a mystery.

Loved those quotes you posted....good good stuff:)

March 02, 2007 2:35 AM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

"all great work is produced at those moments when its creator is lost completely in his or her action"....The beauty of creation. I know when I am writing, and I mean writing...I finish, sitting back with a sense of having been drained.

Of course, once the inspiration has settled, then the hard work begins. EDITING.

March 03, 2007 6:48 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

I need to read that book
I try very hard to live in the moment but its not always easy when you have an over active mind. Will you post some of the readings, that would be very interesting?

March 04, 2007 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home