Sunday, February 25, 2007

sometime over the next 3-5 years i think i'm going to change gears in life ... i'll take on a less intense job, perhaps part-time, and appreciate things like the clouds a lot more frequently. i'll wander along beaches, picking up bottle-caps that have drifted across on the pacific ocean from new caledonia. i'll get to cook more often & more dishes, and paint with vivid colours. i'll learn to play piano and/or the saxophone, and do some fishing from time to time. i'll sketch portraits & caricatures with charcoal, and grow cherry tomatoes and papaya. i won't evaluate most things and will be more mindful & aware. although these events won't advance my career or be considered sound from an economic perspective, they will benefit our family

please - remind me to do such things in due course, in case i lose sight of these goals ;-D

~

9 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

wow Fergal u reminded me of my priorities in life too...ty so much!

Keshi.

February 25, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Andrew Macrae said...

yeh bro, i come visit you there.

February 25, 2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Divian said...

I'll keep you on track.

After all you wont get rid of me that easy!!

February 27, 2007 12:15 AM  
Blogger fergal said...

thanx! i'll paint a painting, sketch a portrait and/or cook a feast for each of u, and share my tomatoes & papaya ;-D

~

February 27, 2007 1:29 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

awww how generous :)

Keshi.

February 27, 2007 6:24 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Me too!
I like your brain!

February 27, 2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger Drizel said...

Brlliant Idea.....good luck with yourn journey:)

February 28, 2007 2:40 AM  
Blogger lee said...

Yes, fergal -make sure and have those piano lessons :). My Grandmother sent me for lessons when I was a kid. The end result is that I can play enough to amuse myself(sand that's about it!)and that's all that's necessary -it makes you feel happy and shuts the world out for a little while.

February 28, 2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger lee said...

and ,not sand!

February 28, 2007 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home