Wednesday, February 28, 2007

the last day of summer here today (officially)
i remember the first day of this summer: we went to the beach and my young daughter had her feet dipped in the ocean for the first time.

i'm not sad to see summer end, or nearly end ... it's been kinda mild by brisbane standards; but i reckon there's one more hot speel left in this one before it finishes. maybe an indian summer?

anyhow, roll on autumn - my favourite months of the year, season-wise (in brisbane), are approaching! the sunlight starts to shine down at a more mellow angle, and without the same blistering intensity ;-D


oh yeah - i flew to a different city last weekend for a quick,24-hour visit to see my new nephew! that's right - my younger sister (my only sibling) had her first baby a couple of weeks ago. all are doing well, and i'm very happy for them. we're all going back to see them next weekend for a 5-night stay; i'll need to call in sick at work on friday & monday! ;-D

~

9 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Macrae said...

autumn is my favourite time in melbourne, too.

congrats on your nephew. that is top news.

February 28, 2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger Wayne Allen Sallee said...

HI, I CAME ACROSS YOU THROUGH ETAIN LAVENA'S BLOG. NICE POSTINGS, I READ THROUGH THE FIRST FEW HERE AT MY JOB AT A GRAPHICS SHOP. WHERAS YOUR SUMMER IS ENDING, IT ALSO SEEMS THAT OUR SNOW HAS STOPPED AS WELL. STOP BY MY BLOG IF YOU'D LIKE, ALWAYS ROOM FOR COMPANY.

February 28, 2007 5:07 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

thanks for stopping by, Im hairless now.

February 28, 2007 6:20 PM  
Blogger lee said...

fergal, it's beer really mild here as well -it never really kicked it. Couldn't even go for a swim in the river as it was too cold -unusual.

February 28, 2007 6:40 PM  
Blogger Divian said...

I so wish I could see the beauty that is where you live.

It is spring here finally and I love it!

February 28, 2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger Drizel said...

Autumn feel so far for me in our heat:(
Ahhh so kewl about the baby:)

February 28, 2007 11:16 PM  
Blogger lee said...

Oh, I can't believe I wrote beer instead of been!! :).

March 01, 2007 2:24 AM  
Blogger fergal said...

hey - it was funny, but of course i knew what u meant ...... .... beer! ;-D

~

March 01, 2007 2:35 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

I hate the 1st of March :*(

Keshi.

March 01, 2007 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home